This sounds like me (and it's how I score on DISC):
- Melancholic/Phlegmatic see also (CS T4/2 Cool Winter?) are often teachers and scholars. They are not as prone to hostility as other melancholy blends and combine analysis with organization. They make excellent accountants and bookkeepers. Unfortunately he can become easily discouraged and may be susceptible to fear and anxiety. They may become uncooperative because of stubborn, rigid tendencies. (Melancholic square face, Phlegmatic round face)
- You are a serious, soft spoken introvert who others would label pessimistic, but you correctly understand that you are realistic. When others are in a frenzy, you are calm. You stand back, analyze the situation, find the problem create a solution. You are slow to act, but when you do it is well thought out and steadily implemented. You don't leap into things you won't finish and you do not require a shower of compliments to keep going like Sanguines do.
- True Winter: the interior and exterior of this Season can seem thoroughly opposite; apparently assertive and unemotional, may feel uncertain or conflicted; reactions and opinions are all-or-nothing as their colors; fierce and floaty, heartless and vulnerable; oval and linear, at once; competitive, fair, disciplined to self-sacrified, seldom play victim role; carries themselves with distance, majesty, regal bearing; uncontained, expansive, tough and proud (Scaman paraphrased)
- Control = MP Melancholy Phlegmatic
- Inclusion = MP Melancholy Phlegmatic
- Affection = MP Melancholy Phlegmatic
Whereas this does not as much:
L. Phlegmatic/Melancholic (SC T2/4 Cool Summer?) is gracious and quiet, does the proper thing and is dependable. He wobbles between patience and criticism and may tend toward negativism. They can be afraid of overextending themselves so may avoid involvement in a group. (Phlegmatic round face, Melancholic square face)
I can see why people wonder about 2/3:
- Control = PC Phlegmatic Choleric
- Inclusion = PC Phlegmatic Choleric
- Affection = PC Phlegmatic Choleric
Deep Winter (soft) 4/3/2 You are deep, thoughtful, analytical, insightful, serious, purposeful, genius prone, talented, creative, possibly artistc, musical, poetic or philisophical. You are considerate, conscientious, self-sacrificing, and sensitive to others. In the workplace you set high standards, pick up after others, are schedule oriented, organized, detail concious, persistent, and thorough. You like charts and graphs. You see the problems and find creative solutions. As a friend, you make friend's cautiously, are content to stay in the background, avoid causing attention, are faithful and devoted, deeply concerned for others, will listen to complaints, and you can solve people's problems.
H. Melancholic/Choleric see also (CD T4/3 Deep Winter?) is both a perfectionist and a driver which may lead him into the law or medicine. They mix decisiveness and determination. Because of the critical nature of the melancholy they may be very difficult to please. If they become negative about someone or something it will have a tendency to stay with them for a long time. Their combination can lead them to "nit-pick" others and be revengeful to those they have a grudge again
But your weaknesses include a tendency to excessive self-criticism and criticism of others, being dismissive or overly judgmental, exhibiting a tendency to self-absorption, and possessing an untrustful and controlling nature. You tend to be inflexible, can bear grudges for a long time and may be prone to discouragement. A melancholic-choleric who is not attentive to his spiritual life, and does not keep his eye assiduously on the truly important things of life can become a cross to those around him, through his nit-picking, perfectionism, disdain, bitterness, resentfulness, spitefulness when crossed, and even haughtiness.
This post on www.introvert.cc talks about reconciling the DiSC (phlegmtic, sanguine, choleric, melancholy) with Myers-Briggs – something that is somewhat difficult to do.
D = ExTP
I = ExFP
S = IxFJ
C = xSTJ
High C = xSTJ and High S=IxFJ = INTJ for me
Two = low D, high I, high S, low C
Three = moderate D, high I, low S, moderate C
Four = low D, low I, moderate S, low C
Five = moderate D, very low I, low S, moderate C
Six = low D, high I, high S, high C
Seven = high D (if 7w8), very high I, low S, very low C
Eight = very high D, moderate I, very low S, moderate C
Nine = very low D, moderate I, very high S, moderate C
D = 3, 7, 8 (best matches with 8)
I = 2, 3, 7 (best matches with 7)
S = 4, 6, 9 (best matches with 9)
C = 1, 5, 6 (best
Enneagram Test Results
Your variant is self pres
Take Free Enneagram Personality Test
Personality Test by SimilarMinds.com
|type||score||type behavior motivation|
|5||17||I must be knowledgeable to survive.|
|6||15||I must be secure and safe to survive.|
|2||14||I must be helpful and caring to survive.|
|4||14||I must be unique/different to survive.|
|8||13||I must be strong and in control to survive.|
|1||12||I must be perfect and good to survive.|
|9||12||I must maintain peace/calm to survive.|
|3||10|| I must be impressive and |
|7||6||I must be fun and entertained to survive.|
My ennegram results as mainly a 5, which is High C/T4 and D/T3, low S/T2 and very low I/T1.
Followed by an S, which is High C/T4, S/T2 and I/T1, but low D/T3.
Enneagram 5 is like the Scholar.