How To Wear Black if it's not in your color range,
Standish "How Not to Wear Black" (such a great little book)
- Bold Winter types can wear any kind of black they want.
- Soft/Subtle types, if they are going to wear black at all, should pick only flat non-reflective black in woven cloth like linen or soft weave. Instead they really should choose dark gray.
- Spring-like Bright types, she says can wear black with the right makeup and other colors.
- Rich/Warm types should be very careful how black interacts with their specific skintone and should choose ivory, cream, khaki, dark gray instead.
Jennifer Butler suggests that if you are going to wear black and it is not in your palette, wear it with your hair color.
... but hey, don't listen to me, EXPRESS YOUR TRUTH! Jane
- to follow by email with FeedBlitz, enter your email in left column
- to comment, click on the the "leave comment" link below this post
- like Expressing Your Truth Facebook page
- For my personal outfits, and palette progress, visit:
- EXPRESSING YOUR TRUTH 6 Week eCourse