Tuesday, October 11, 2011

How do you find your self?

There are lots of roads to self-actualization.  There are probably more effective sources in the major spiritual traditions.  But this blog is about dressing.  Who really cares about fashion at a deep level?  Why has this become my obssession du jour? Actually a client told me that the 80s Color Me Beautiful system had a modern version.  So I sought out all the books and videos online about a promise that if you matched your outsides to your insides you'd find some version of happiness. (I'm not naming the system because we have had disagreements).  The problem was how to accurately determine your insides.... So the way suggested was facial analysis based.  But unfortunately, that was too easily misinterpreted.  I could not find closure about myself for 5+ months. I documented my struggle between 2 and 4 earlier in this blog.
 I tried to blend the two by following 12 season color analysis, cool/summer and briefly considered soft summer.  I found this to be fascinating and ultimately a rabbit hole distraction. 

Eventually, I discovered IlluminEssensce, which is NOT based on facial analysis.   I got confirmation of being a Tone II from Taylore at a Power to Be Yourself workshop.  You can get toned by mail through them.  The rest is unfolding for me.

I'm choosing to not even worry about my secondary.  Right now I'm living my pure primary.  I think somedays I probably lean over into 4 a bit.  I'm not even sure that's my secondary.  A psychic thinks I'm a 3/2 or 2/3 and the group sees 3 in there.  I don't really care though because for radiance, I'm now seeing that you are communicating something by focusing on the primary Tone.  That's what I mean by the 12 seasonal approach being a distraction, when you attempt to blend the primary and secondary, you mute the primary. 

Also, IE is about matching your non-verbal communication through dress (your outer) with your tone (your inner).  So that may very well mean not worrying about your eye color, skin color, hair color, etc.  The only thing that may fit is the Tones I and III wear the gold range of metals and Tones II and IV wear the silver range, but even this is checked.

go to the update: Jane's Type

1 comment:

Jeanine Byers said...

I am so glad you have found a system that has worked for you!

Like you said, there are so many of them out there to choose from, and I have found many of them helpful to me, in one way or another, including seasonal color analysis. But I know you struggled until you found IE and I'm so glad you did.

You inspired all of us to keep at it, and now, many of us in our group are finding their way!