Sunday, June 16, 2013

Reader Question




I am confused. With DYT I'm a T1/4, with Disc assessments personality wise I'm a 1/4, but my natural coloring with a 12 step system is Tinted Autum...and I feel sometimes like my hair and eyes just look so subdued/too subdued to hold the Spring colors. I can't decide if I should dress my coloring or my personality...or try to incorporate the designs and lines with my natural coloring... or maybe if I'm actually a Toned Spring... Hmmmm? Anyone else out there feel that way?



I feel your confusion, it is confusing.  Two years at this and I'm still confused... sort of.  What I've come to the conclusion is that you experiment and keep doing what works.

As far as all the correlating I try to do, it's really possibly neurotic non-sense, so take it all with a grain of salt.  You have two options: 1) hard core DYT'ers would wear the DYT colors from the card whether they make sense with color analysis or not, (and 1a) keep to the design lines, or 1b) bring in the T4 design lines) 2) wear the DYT design lines etc., but use your color analysis palette.

But specifically a T1/4 who is a Tinted Autumn could maybe veer towards the paler colors, which are essentially what tints are, right?  Wait, is there a tinted Autumn?  So Tone Spring would go softer too.

Warm Autumn is pure (3/1?), Deep Autumn is shaded (3/4?), and there is Soft Autumn (3/2) which can go light or deep.  Perhaps you are referring to Light Autumn (maybe that's 3/2/1)?

The Springs are 1/2, 1/3, or 1/4... with 1/4 maybe being Clear Spring, as well as Toned Spring. I think that's  a good guess for you, btw.

Here's my pinterest boards for:

Type 1 Secondaries
http://pinterest.com/janerekas/type-1-secondaries/
Soft Autumn (light or deep)
http://pinterest.com/janerekas/color-analysis-soft-autumn-light-or-deep/
Toned Spring
http://pinterest.com/janerekas/color-analysis-light-spring-soft-toned/
Clear Spring (pure)
http://pinterest.com/janerekas/color-analysis-clear-bright-spring-pure/

Here's what I'd done for 1/4:


... but hey, don't listen to me or anyone, EXPRESS YOUR TRUTH! Jane

1 comment:

Simpleart said...

Thanks! Sorry, I meant to say a Tinted Autumn in the 16 color system w/Lora Alexander on PYW... appreciate the feedback!