Friday, February 22, 2013

16 Color System Palette







  

PURE HUES - this does not mean pure hues on the Munsell color wheel... it means the base of the season

PURE HUES COOL SUMMER

PURE HUES CLEAR SPRING

PURE HUES WARM AUTUMN

PURE HUES CLEAR WINTER



TINTS: These four palettes have WHITE added to hues
So taking the base season and adding white, not stating with Munsell pure hues

TINTED COOL WINTER
TINTED LIGHT SPRING
TINTED LIGHT SUMMER
TINTED SOFT AUTUMN LIGHT

near

TONED SOFT AUTUMN DEEP

If you are soft autumn light, use the soft autumn palette but keep to the lighter colors.
If you are soft autumn deep, use the soft autumn palette but keep to the greyed colors.




TONES: These four palettes have GREY added to hues
So adding grey to the base seasons, not adding gray to the pure hues of Munsell color wheel

TONED DEEP WINTER SOFT
If you are deep winter soft,
use the deep winter palette but keep to those colors greyed.

TONED SOFT SUMMER LIGHT

near
SHADED SOFT SUMMER DEEP
SOFT SUMMER was divided into light toned and deep shaded
If you are soft summer light, use the soft summer palette but keep to the greyed colors.
If you are soft summer deep, use the soft summer palette but keep to the shaded colors.


SHADED: These four palettes have BLACK added to hues
so adding black to the base seasons, not adding black just to the Munsell color wheel pure hues

SHADED DEEP AUTUMN
SHADED DEEP WINTER
SHADED WARM SPRING





Follow by email (see top right)
Send me an email: janerekas@hotmail.com Jane Rekas, LCSW

9 comments:

Ann said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
AnaVero said...

I was very confused with all the color systems and types of energy. I recently took the DYT e-course but I was still confused, with your great website I finally could understand and be sure about my colors!!
You have done a great job investigating and putting all together, congratulations!!

Ana V. Martínez

Jane Leu Rekas said...

Thank you!

Unknown said...

Dear Jane,

You've validated my palette mix! As a Soft Spring I'm not that light and I sneak into the CMAS Winter fan book for additional colors including soft black. Zyla's Early Spring fits me to a tee.

Suzanne

Adriana said...

Dear Jane, I can not understand this system. The pure colours presented here on palettes are not pure, I can see there mix of tones, shades, tints... Could you please explain it? I know exactly what are tints, tones, hues or pure hues, but I can not to understand fully how is it mean in this system.

Adriana said...

These palettes do not give me the sence. They are not ilustrated by tints, tones, hues or shades and nor is it tinted base, toned base or shaded base. It seems nonsense to me.
Look at my palettes of colour types on pinterest, I use other system, but there you can see what are tints, tones, hues or shades. www.pinterest.com/adrianacizikova/

Jane Leu Rekas said...

This was was only an attempt to see where the 16 system lines up with the 12 system. I removed the images because everyone objected and they confused people.

Adriana said...

I understand, but as you has written - they confused people and mistake them. You can use my palettes to explaine what are tints, hues or shades. I remarked also the original palletes of 4x4 are different from this mistaked illustrations.

Jane Leu Rekas said...

The basic concept of tints, hues or shades is actually used differently in the 16 season system, which is also confusing. And as I said, I removed the images.