Friday, February 21, 2014

Heritage

In the Facebook group, someone recommended books by Wendy J. Smith who writes on seasonal color analysis by heritage.  Here are my grandparents.

Maternal Grandfather
Malcolm Campbell
Scottish, Swiss, Dutch


Maternal Grandmother
Inez Heyman
German and Swiss

Paternal Grandmother
Eva Aeppli
Swiss citizen

Paternal Grandfather
Hans Leu
Swiss citizen


Two of my grandparents had a lot of contrast and were probably Winters, and the other two were either Summer or Spring.  Since I am Swiss on all sides, it makes sense to consider what the author notes about Swiss heritage.  She essentially says they are often Mixed Winters, which means that their secondaries are fairly even.  But my maternal grandfather being more Scottish, is a stronger Winter, being a dark celt almost.


... but hey, don't listen to me, EXPRESS YOUR TRUTH! Jane


No comments: