Monday, March 25, 2013

Which factor comes first?

I did a series of polyvores about incorporating your secondary energies.  They were based on the idea that you stick to your palette (from the four Types), but incorporate 2 or 3 of the other design elements (like design lines, fabrication, texture, shapes, etc.) from your secondary.  But what if it's the other direction, meaning what if you stick with another factor and vary the color? perhaps using the color from your 12 season palette?

Here's and example...
Let's say you are a dominant Type/Tone 4 with a secondary 3, here was my polyvore showing generally the black and white and bold colors palette of T4, with the angular design lines of T3.  (If I were to do this over again, I might also incorporate more texture, but that's besides the point).
 
What if another choice would be to use the dominant T4 structure and design lines, but warm the color palette, essentially what I show here (though labelled 3/4)?



... but hey, don't listen to me or anyone, EXPRESS YOUR TRUTH! Jane


No comments: