Friday, May 24, 2013

Tie Dye for the Types

Type 1

Tie Dye seems made for Type 1s, with it's animation, esp. in lighter tints.


Type 2

Try Soft Tie Dye
web page source (sorry no tutorial)


Type 3

Try Reverse Dye (using bleach)
tutorial


Type 4

Try bold contrast that is more linear.
available at amazon (no tutorial)

Visit my new blog as I teach myself to tie dye:
http://teachyourselftiedye.blogspot.com/

and my pinterest tie dye board


... but hey, don't listen to me or anyone, EXPRESS YOUR TRUTH! Jane

1 comment:

Patricia Whitfield-Madison said...

I just recently discovered your blog, unfortunately it was after I had already spent the money for the DYT course with Carol Tuttle...( in fact it was just a couple of days apart)...I was highly disappointed in the course and did not agree with some of the things that were being said...however there were some things that I did agree with...my learning experience from this is that I am the master and creator of my style...along the way I am free to pick and choose the advice of others...I am really new at this intentional focus on fashion and I have bookmarked you as one of my reads...I enjoy your honesty and fresh takes on the perspective of fashion.