For example, Claire Danes is an INTJ like I am:
- General Typology: This interview featuring Lenore Thomson is a great primer on the subject of 'what is personality type?'. This article by James Hillman on typologies is also good.
- Kepinski's Information Metabolism: Everyone should learn about it as I suspect most will find it interesting. My basic view of Socionics is largely shaped and influenced by this. I've found these ideas both effective and useful as a conceptual approach for understanding the nature of Socionics—insofar as what Socionics 'is', what IEs 'are', and what sorts of phenomena we're dealing with (or should recognize we're dealing with) when we try to talk about Socionics.
- Temperaments: I utilize the basic Four Temperaments idea that's been around for the past few thousand years—Choleric (EJ), Phlegmatic (IJ), Sanguine (EP), Melancholic (IP). I'll find a decent source on this.
- Information Elements: I largely draw upon Rick's definitions here and here, Jung's original founding descriptions here, and I can see promise in Lenore Thomson's ideas here.
- Reinin Dichotomies: I mostly work from these explanations, along with some characterizations from a few other Socionists.
- Gulenko's Cognitive Styles: As described in this article, are proving to be another excellent resource for type screening and verification purposes.
- Intertype Relations: I evaluate these along the same lines as described here and here.
- Miscellaneous: I use the same 4 quadras with the same 16 basic sociotypes divided among them, each defined by the same 'ego' and 'superid' blocks, etc. I use subtypes too—just the usual accepting/producing 2, no DCNH or anything like that.
High Openness = Intuitive Type
Low Openness = Sensing Type
High Conscientiousness = Rational Type
Low Conscientiousness = Irrational Type
High Extroversion = Extroverted Type
Low Extroversion = Introverted Type
High Agreeableness = Feeling Type
Low Agreeableness = Thinking Type
High Neuroticism = Unhealthy Individual
Low Neuroticism = Healthy Individual
Alpha: ENTP, ISFP, ESFJ, INTJ
Beta: ESTP, INFP, ENFJ, ISTJ
Delta: ENFP, ISTP, ESTJ, INFJ
Gamma: ESFP, INTP, ENTJ, ISFJ
Follow by email (see top right)
Send me an email: email@example.com Jane Rekas, LCSW
Independent Mary Kay Beauty Consultant http://www.marykay.com/janerekas
Post a Comment